Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Featured on the Epiphany Channel!


Epiphany: “The Secret” Leads to “Regis & Kelly” & A Biz in Vision Boards! May.21.12

This submitted epiphany story is in question and answer format (questions found on the Share Your Epiphany page).




What is your greatest epiphany in life? (summarize in 1 or 2 sentences)

While watching “The Secret” somebody said, “We usually think about what we DON’T want.” Suddenly, I knew that’s exactly what I had been doing – always thinking about what I didn’t want instead of what I most desired - and now I could change that.



What led up to that moment?

Years and years of reading self-help books led up to the purchase of “The Secret.”This made sense to me in a way that made everything else make sense.



What happened in that moment?

I felt POWERFUL! Since I was the one that created my whole life situation, that meant, consciously thinking, I could make my life exactly what I wanted.



What happened afterward? Did your life change? If so, how?

After finishing “The Secret,” I embarked on a reading frenzy that included books like:



The Power of Positive Thinking

A Return To Love

Creating True Prosperity

Think and Grow Rich

What the Bleep (movie)

…and many others.



I read about 2 books a week for a year, studying, doing the exercises, and taking notes. One of the exercises was to make a vision board. The instant I pasted some flowers by a woman’s cheek on my vision board was the moment I found my joy, my gift, my happiness.


 Since I hadn’t traveled much, I made a “TRAVEL” vision board (pictured above) and not a few months later, I received a call from LIVE With Regis & Kelly! They asked me the daily trivia question, I got it right, and won a trip to Barbados on my daughter’s 13th birthday!


Advice Vision Board




Health Vision Board

 I have another vision board with Kelly Ripa on it that I had made previously stating “ADVICE” on it – and now I have “Dish With Trish,” a local advice column. It was time to get down to business with exercise so I made a “HEALTH” vision board and made up a 40-Day Challenge to exercise every day for 30 minutes. I ended up going 431 days.






Then I started making vision boards for friends, family, non-profits and found another amazing by-product. While making vision boards for other people, I kept being asked time after time,”How did you know this? How did you know that?” and I suddenly realized that the process had become intuitive. I somehow could channel in their deepest wants, desires, and goals! It is a precious thing to watch their faces as they gaze over their dreams and many burst into tears. It’s now 4 years later and the vision boards have become a great business that I love.
Made for Northern Lights Foundation

Made for Lifehouse - Duluth, MN







Tricia Waltman
Superior, WI

http://www.seeyourvisionart.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment